Life Through Art Workshops located at the Ferrini Gallery, Main & G St. Napa, CA
For more details please call us at 707.363.9050 or email us at info@lifethroughartworkshops.com

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dave Huddleston, Painter

I have been doing art for as long as I can recall but I remember the specific time when I realized that art was my God-given talent and I needed to pursue it for a career. I was in the Marine Corps, at age 21, stationed in Okinawa. At the supply office where I worked the graveyard shift we would often finish with the day's workload before our shift was over so I would often spend time sketching. The civilian Okinawan workers in our office, as well as the other Marines would always come and look over my shoulder and give lots of compliments. For some reason, though I had always gotten encouragement for my art, being that far away from home also gave me lots of time to ponder my future when I got home and was no longer in the Corps and it just struck me that art was what I was meant to do.

For more information on this artist you can visit his website at http://www.davehuddleston.com/ or read his blog at http://www.davehudddleston.blogspot.com/ .

No comments: